Support for Publishers: Publishing Support – Canada Book Fund
The Publishing Support sub-component of the Canada Book Fund (CBF) assists the ongoing production, marketing and distribution of Canadian-authored books. Supplementary funding based on export sales is also available as part of Publishing Support.
Who can apply
Only book publishing firms are eligible for the Publishing Support sub-component of the CBF. At the time of the application, and through to the end of the term of any contribution agreement between Canadian Heritage and a publisher, a publishing firm must:
- have completed at least 12 months of operation as a book publisher;
- be at least 75% Canadian-owned and controlled in fact;
- have its headquarters and at least 75% of its employees based in Canada;
- be a private-sector firm or university press;
- be financially viable, and
- have fulfilled all contractual obligations with respect to author royalty payments or other method of payment to authors, from the beginning of the reference year through to the end of any contribution agreement.
Full eligibility requirements are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
The following entities are not eligible for support from the CBF:
- publishers with net sales of own titles that were $50 million or greater in the reference year, and
- unincorporated divisions of larger organizations, with the exception of university presses.
When an application deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
- Review the Application Guidelines; and
- Contact us to request an application package.
Canada Book Fund
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-T
- 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: