Support for Organizations – Canada Book Fund
The Canada Book Fund (CBF) – Support for Organizations contributes to the marketing and promotion of Canadian-authored books. The CBF's Support for Organizations also serves to strengthen the infrastructure and efficiency of the Canadian book industry.
The Support for Organizations stream of the CBF supports: marketing; professional development; internships; and technology projects. Collective projects that promote Canadian history titles are also supported.
Who can apply
To be eligible for the Support for Organizations stream of the CBF, an organization or professional association must be:
- Canadian-owned and -controlled;
- incorporated under the laws of Canada or a province; and
- active primarily in the book publishing, distribution, marketing, wholesale or retail sectors or represent Canadian authors.
NOTE: Canadian teaching institutions with a specialization in the book industry are eligible for professional development projects.
How to apply
- Review the Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application guide;
- Review the information on Budget categories and items; and
- Fill out and send us the Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application form (PDF version, 656 KB)
The application deadlines for the Support for Organizations stream of the Canada Book Fund are October 31, 2016 and May 1, 2017.
Canada Book Fund
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-T
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Guides and help
- Application guidelines – Support for Organizations
- Budget categories and items – Canada Book Fund
- Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Application form (PDF version, 656 KB)
- Canada Book Fund – Support for Organizations – Final report data form (PDF version, 212 KB)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: