Collective Initiatives – Canada Periodical Fund
The Collective Initiatives component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides funding to organizations for projects designed to increase the overall sustainability of the Canadian print magazine and non-daily newspaper industries.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be incorporated as a non-profit organization under the laws of Canada or a province;
- have its head office located in Canada;
- have been in operation for at least one financial year prior to application;
- have a mandate of:
- representing and informing members of the periodical industry;
- delivering educational or consultative programs to its members and/or other members of the industry;
- promoting Canadian print magazines, digital periodicals and/or non-daily newspapers or the services of their creators; or
- encouraging and/or recognizing excellence in the content and creation of Canadian print magazines, digital periodicals and non-daily newspapers.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria for projects and expenses, as detailed in the Application Guidelines.
Applications will be accepted until September 15, or until all funding has been fully committed for the current Government of Canada fiscal year.
Applications should be received at least eight (8) weeks before the planned project start date.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines; and
- complete the following forms:
- provide all additional documents identified in the Application Guidelines.
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-U
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5. (EST).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines – Collective Initiatives
General Application Form (PDF version, 861 KB)
Project Proposal (PDF version, 265 KB)
Action Plan (PDF version, 195 KB)
Detailed Expenses (PDF version, 208 KB)
Detailed Revenues (PDF version, 263 KB)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: