Collective Initiatives – Canada Periodical Fund
The Collective Initiatives component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides funding to organizations for projects designed to increase the overall sustainability of the Canadian print magazine and non-daily newspaper industries.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be incorporated as a non-profit organization under the laws of Canada or a province;
- have its head office located in Canada;
- have been in operation for at least one financial year prior to application;
- have a mandate of:
- representing and informing members of the periodical industry;
- delivering educational or consultative programs to its members and/or other members of the industry;
- promoting Canadian print magazines, digital periodicals and/or non-daily newspapers or the services of their creators; or
- encouraging and/or recognizing excellence in the content and creation of Canadian print magazines, digital periodicals and non-daily newspapers.
Applicants must meet eligibility criteria for projects and expenses, as detailed in the Application Guidelines.
Applications for projects starting in the current fiscal year will be accepted on an ongoing basis until September 15.
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
Applications should be received at least eight (8) weeks before the planned project start date.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines carefully, including the definitions to ensure all criteria are met;
- complete the Application Form;
- provide all supporting documents, as detailed in the Application Guidelines; and
- ensure that the application form bears the applicant's original signature.
Contact usCanada Periodical Fund
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy Street, 25-8-U
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: