Military Spouse Employment Initiative
The Military Spouse Employment Initiative (MSEI) provides military spouses and common-law partners with tools and resources to develop their skills and pursue their careers within the federal Public Service. The initiative aims to provide employment opportunities through inventories, pools, and other staffing options.
The employment inventory consists of employment opportunities in the federal Public Service across Canada and covers a broad range of work streams.
The types of jobs in the inventory include:
- Office administration
- Language teachers
- Information management and information technology
- Health services, including nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, and social workers
- Material management and procurement services
- General labour and trades
- General services, including food services, stores services, and cleaning services
- Economic and social science services
Other work streams may become available as required.
- The jobs are located across Canada
- The salary of the positions are in accordance with the Treasury Board Secretariat
- Language requirements of the jobs will vary
How to Apply
To be eligible as a spouse or common-law partner, you must meet the following conditions:
- You live at the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member’s place of duty, or you live separately for military reasons
- Your spouse or partner belongs to the Regular Force or the Reserve Force on Class C service or Class B reserve service of more than 180 consecutive days
To apply to the inventory, go to the job poster.
After You Apply
When a hiring manager identifies a job opportunity, a search is conducted in the inventory by the following criteria:
- Random selection
- Relevant experience
- Work location
- Linguistic requirement of the job
The inventory then displays any relevant applicants for the hiring manager to consider.
For more information, contact DND’s National Staffing Programs positional mailbox.
Public Service Hiring Managers: How to Use the Inventory
To hire a military spouse, contact DND’s National Staffing Programs team. A team member will help you to find the right fit for your team.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: