DAOD 5060-0, Leave
Table of Contents
Date of Issue: 2009-02-20
Effective Date: 2009-01-13
Application: This DAOD is an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF members).
Supersession: CFAO 16-1, Leave
Approval Authority: Chief of Military Personnel (CMP)
Enquiries: Director Pay Policy and Development (DPPD)
2.1 The CAF recognizes the unique circumstances of military life and the pressures it creates for CAF members and their families. Leave contributes to:
- the maintenance of morale of CAF members; and
- the well-being of CAF members and their families.
2.2 QR&O Chapter 16, Leave, sets out the leave entitlements approved by the Minister of National Defence for CAF members.
2.3 The CAF is committed to enhancing the quality of life of CAF members and their families through CAF leave policy.
2.4 The CAF shall:
- establish a leave policy that addresses the leave requirements resulting from a CAF member's:
- service in the CAF; and
- personal circumstances;
- implement an audit system of leave records;
- manage leave in accordance with A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001, Canadian Forces Leave Policy Manual; and
- conduct periodic reviews of the leave policy to:
- assess continuing relevance;
- contemplate policy development requirements; and
- validate compliance with functional direction.
3.1 The following table identifies the authorities associated with this DAOD:
|The …||has the authority to …|
|CMP||develop and approve leave policy.|
|Director General Compensation and Benefits||seek approval for compensation and benefits related to leave policy.|
Acts, Regulations, Central Agency Policies and Policy DAOD
- QR&O Chapter 16, Leave
- A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001, Canadian Forces Leave Policy Manual
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: