Queen's Regulations and Orders for Canadian Cadet Organizations (QR Cadets) Chapter 3 - Cadet Instructors and Civilian Instructors
Effective 2006-06-01, the official version of the QR Cadets is that published in PDF format on this website.
The HTML version on this website is provided solely for the convenience of readers. Any discrepancies between the HTML and the official PDF version should be reported to the DSCS, Corporate Secretary.
Section 1 – Cadet Instructors
- 3.01 cadet instructors - enrolment and commissioning
- 3.02 cadet instructors - service
- 3.03 cadet instructors - promotions
- 3.04 cadet instructors - posting or transfers
- 3.05 not allocated
- 3.06 cadet instructors - compulsory release age
- 3.07 to 3.09 not allocated
Section 2 – Civilian Instructors
Section 1 - Cadet Instructors
(1) To be eligible for enrolment in the Canadian Forces as an officer of the Cadet Instructors Cadre, a person must meet the qualifications for enrolment as prescribed in QR&O article 6.01, and such other conditions as the Chief of the Defence Staff may prescribe.
(2) The procedures for enrolment in the Canadian Forces as an officer of the Cadet Instructors Cadre and the rank to be granted on enrolment shall be in accordance with orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
The promotion of a cadet instructor shall be in accordance with QR&O, and any other orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
The postings or transfers of cadet instructors shall be in accordance with QR&O, and any other orders issued by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
[3.05: not allocated]
The age limit at which a cadet instructor shall be released from the Canadian Forces is normally age 65.
[3.07 to 3.09: not allocated]
3.10 CIVILIAN INSTRUCTORS - EMPLOYMENT
(1) To be eligible for employment as a civilian instructor, a person must:
(a) not be a member of the Canadian Forces; and
(b) meet the conditions prescribed by the Chief of the Defence Staff.
(2) The employment of a civilian instructor shall be governed by the terms of an agreement between the civilian instructor and the commanding officer of a cadet corps, or of a training centre established to conduct cadet training, which agreement shall be in the form prescribed by the Chief of the Defence Staff and which shall include a provision that the employment of the civilian instructor terminates if:
(a) the cadet corps is disbanded; or
(b) the civilian instructor is enrolled in the Canadian Forces.
The commanding officer of a cadet corps or cadet training centre may authorize volunteers, including members of the Canadian Forces, to assist cadet instructors and civilian instructors in cadet activities, provided such assistance is under the supervision and direction of either a cadet instructor or civilian instructor.
[3.12 to 3.99: not allocated]
- Date modified: