The EAP and CFMAP are here to support YOU and your Family
August 21, 2020 - Defence Stories
The EAP and CFMAP are here to help!
Life can throw curveballs at you in unexpected ways, whether it be a family crisis, a divorce, or a health issue. These are just a few life circumstances that can negatively impact someone’s professional and personal lives. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought a new set of challenges, and trying to work with new realities and manage life stressors can be overwhelming.
Defence Team members and their immediate family members experiencing personal or professional issues affecting their mental health and well-being can get voluntary and confidential help and support through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for civilian employees and Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (CFMAP) for CAF members including:
- Health Canada – Employee Assistance Services (EAS) for civilians, and Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (CFMAP) for CAF members, Veterans, and their families to access free, confidential counseling, 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-268-7708 or TDD 1-800-567-5803 (hearing impaired).
- LifeSpeak for civilians and CAF members. LifeSpeak is a web-based service that offers free, confidential access to hundreds of short videos by experts, on everyday issues that affect one’s mental health and well-being.
- Visit lifespeak.com or download the App.
- Select Canadian Armed Forces or Department of National Defence (civilian) and input corporate ID: canada and password: canada.
- Peer Support for civilians. There are DND employees who have volunteered to provide confidential active-listening skills and resources to those in need and can be contacted during regular working hours. The service is also available to family members. Call HR Connect at 1-833-747-6363 to be connected with a readily available colleague from 0800-1600 hours Mon-Fri. You will be contacted within 24 hours.
Additional Resources/Related Programs
- Defence Team COVID-19 Mental Health and Wellness page
- What can LifeSpeak do for you? (animated video)
- Defence Learning Network (DLN)
- Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR) program (for CAF members)
Be the first to know!
Contact DND’s Corporate EAP Office for any questions related to DND’s EAP or to be added to the EAP distribution list for health-related newsletters, special events and more.
- Date modified: