Defence Team Reminder – 2020 Tax Deadline
April 12, 2021 - Defence Stories
Have you filed your taxes? The deadline to file your taxes is April 30, 2021. If your spouse or common-law partner is self-employed, the deadline to file your taxes is June 15, 2021.
Please consult the information below for help in completing your tax forms.
Accessing your T4 Tax Slip
- To access your tax slip, during off-peak hours, follow the menu path in Phoenix Employee Self-Service (available on the DWAN):
- Main Menu > Self-Service > Payroll and Compensation > View T4 / T4A Slips
- Main Menu > Self-Service > Payroll and Compensation > View RL-1 / RL-2 Slips
- Tax slips are also available on the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec web sites (You are now leaving the Government of Canada website) for anyone registered with My Account. My Account is a secure portal that lets you view your personal income tax and benefit information and manage your tax affairs online. It is a convenient, easy to use, fast and secure option to obtain your T4.
- You may also access your tax slips through MyGCPay (User identification and password required).
- Paycheque tab > Important Documents > Tax Slips.
Advance for Government benefits
If your government benefits, such as the Canada child benefit, or other credits were reduced because you were overpaid by Phoenix, you can request an advance from Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) to help you until your issue is resolved. If you have questions regarding this claims process, please contact TBS via email or call at 1-877-636-0656.
Visit the Income tax and payment deadlines: CRA and COVID-19 website for more information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: