Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS) services
If as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) you become ill or injured, Operational Stress Injury Social Support (OSISS) offers peer support to the family and member who suffers from an operational stress injury (OSI).
What this service offers
OSISS can provide you with the following assistance:
- put you in contact with staff at Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) and/or CAF who can address issues surrounding release, pension, or treatment
- help you access specially designed OSI programs or other community resources
- provide active listening
- make suggestions, but leave the choices to you
What you need before you start
Visit the official OSISS website to get more information or to start the process.
Contact us for help
To get more information, visit your local CAF transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group by:
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidential.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: