Next of kin travel benefit
From: National Defence
If you become ill or injured as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, you may be reimbursed for travel and living expenses for your next of kin to be by your side.
Who is eligible
You may be entitled if you meet all of the following requirements:
- a Medical Officer (MO) determines that:
- your illness or injury is a serious or catastrophic or life threatening impairment
- the presence of a next of kin is immediately required on site
- the Chief of the Defence Staff (or delegate) determines that no operational or security reason exists that prevents a next of kin from travelling to your location
Contact us for help
Contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group through your Chain of Command when your injury occurs.
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidental.
Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON K1A 0K2
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: