13-29 Annex B Appendix 2 - Procedures in Case of an Attempted Suicide
Cadet Administrative and Training Orders (CATOs)
Attempted suicide by a cadet, a volunteer or an adult supervisor during activities defined as cadet duty.
- Ensure that first aid is administered and informed the authorities immediately:
(a) Administer first aid;
(b) Call for medical assistance;
(c) Call the police (military police if on a base or at an armoury) (see Note 1).
- Call the parents/guardians or family. An adult supervisor must stay with the person until s/he is taken charge of by a parent or the family.
- Assemble staff and cadets to reassure them if required.
- Coordinate a meeting with a specialist as soon as possible (24 hours maximum.) so that staff and cadets can meet with him/her if required.
- Notify parents/guardians of the meeting with the specialist.
- Fill out CF-98 (military personnel) or DND 2299 (cadet and/or CI) and inform the Detachment/ Region within 24 hours after the incident (see Note 1).
If the civilian police is called, the Detachment/Region will require the following information in order to inform the military police: police officer’s name, police force and incident number.
- Date modified: