Employment Equity Achievement Awards
The Employment Equity Achievement Award (EEAA) is an award that recognizes the following employers for their outstanding success in achieving employment equity in their workplaces:
- federally regulated private-sector employers, and
- federal contractors
Employment equity focuses on the following 4 designated groups:
- Indigenous peoplesFootnote 1
- persons with disabilities, and
- visible minorities
Selected employers and champion(s) will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement recognizing their efforts in implementing employment equity. In addition, they will be provided with an EEAA web-graphic to showcase the award.
Awards are given in the following 4 categories:
- Outstanding Commitment to Employment Equity award
- Innovation award
- Sector distinction award, and
- Employment Equity Champion award
Outstanding Commitment to Employment Equity award
This award recognizes employers who have demonstrated outstanding commitment in implementing their employment equity plans by:
- instituting measures to remove barriers
- adopting special measures, and/or
- establishing positive policies and practices to achieve tangible results
This award recognizes employers who have been innovative in the implementation of employment equity. This can include creativity in:
- design and implementation of measures aimed at removing barriers
- adoption of special measures
- establishment of positive policies or practices
- forward-thinking in human resources practices, and/or
- development of new or unique initiatives
Sector distinction award
This award recognizes employers who are inspirational role models in their sector. These employers demonstrated a strong commitment and achieved success in implementing employment equity in their own organizations. They also championed employment equity for the sector.
Employment Equity Champion award
This award recognizes an executive or executive team of an employer for their proven track record of championing employment equity within their organization. The award also recognizes recipients’ overall contribution to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Resources and references
Lists of the EEAA recipients:
All employers subject to the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP) and Federal Contractors Program (FCP) are eligible to receive an award. The Labour Program will send an email notification to all active LEEP and FCP employers inviting them to participate by completing and submitting an application form.
For more information
If you have any questions regarding the application form and/or process, please email us at email@example.com.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: