Service changes due to COVID-19
We urge you not to visit Service Canada Centres unless absolutely necessary.
Ask us to help you with the following programs by using eServiceCanada:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) benefits
- Social Insurance Numbers (SIN)
- immediate request for a Passport Service
- Veterans Affairs Canada Services
We will call you back within 2 business days.
Please read our latest notices:
We are part of the Employment and Social Development Canada portfolio.
The Labour Program is responsible for protecting the rights and well-being of both workers and employers in federally regulated workplaces. We work closely with the following parties to promote fair, safe and productive workplaces, and collaborative workplace relations:
- provincial and territorial governments
- international partners, and
- other stakeholders
Services and information
Receive possible payment of outstanding eligible wages if your employer is bankrupt or in receivership.
Monetary complaints for unpaid wages or other amounts; unjust dismissal; genetic testing and more.
Rights and responsibilities related to workplace equality in the federal jurisdiction.
Collective bargaining process, dispute prevention programs, training workshops and arbitration appointments
Employers must submit annual reports to the Labour Program. Know how to complete and submit your reports.
Access customized information on industrial relations and collective bargaining.
Compensation to federal government employees who are injured while on the job or become ill because of their work.
A fine to encourage employers to comply with labour standards and workplace health and safety laws
Steps for employers who are federally regulated and want to hire student interns
Access the full text of the collective agreements, important benefit changes and latest wage adjustments.
Internationally recognized labour standards and forums, and negotiating labour cooperation agreements.
What we are doing
- Regulatory initiatives under the Canada Labour Code
- Closed: Providing menstrual products in federally regulated workplaces
- Closed: Share your thoughts on the new realities of working Canadians: The right to disconnect and gig work
- Minister of Labour meets stakeholders in London, gets update on workplace harassment and violence prevention projects supported by Government of Canada
- Canada’s labour ministers meet to discuss important workplace issues
- Government releases report of the Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards
Find your Canada Summer Job today
Hiring for Canada Summer Jobs has begun! Employers are now accepting applications.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: