We are part of the Employment and Social Development Canada portfolio.
The Labour Program is responsible for protecting the rights and well-being of both workers and employers in federally regulated workplaces. We work closely with provincial and territorial governments, unions, employers, international partners, and other stakeholders to promote fair, safe and productive workplaces and collaborative workplace relations.
We have moved our services and information to Canada.ca
All of the Labour program's Web content is now on Canada.ca.
Services and information
Find out about your obligations and your rights related to wages, vacation and other leave, statutory holidays, hours of work and overtime.
Learn about employer obligations related to workplace equality in the federal jurisdiction.
Learn about workplace hazards, rights and responsibilities, health and wellness, injury prevention, compensation and the federal Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
Information about the collective bargaining process for workplaces in the federally regulated private sector (including the appointment of conciliation and mediation officers), dispute prevention and training programs, and arbitration appointments.
Information on the Labour Program's international activities, including the promotion of internationally recognized labour standards through international, fora and the negotiation of labour cooperation agreements.
A searchable repository, which provides access to the full text of the collective agreements, important benefit changes and latest wage adjustments.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
Reports and publications
- Bereavement Leave
- Work Place Inspections - A Matter of Health and Safety
- Union coverage in Canada 2015
- 2014 Employment Equity Act Annual Report
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Occupational exposure limits - Asbestos
- Taking action against harassment and sexual violence in federal workplaces
- Amendments to the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Occupational injuries amongst canadian federal jurisdiction employers by industry sector: 2008-2014
- Occupational Injuries Amongst Canadian Federal Jurisdiction Employers By Province: 2008-2014
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: