We are part of the Employment and Social Development Canada portfolio.
The Labour Program is responsible for protecting the rights and well-being of both workers and employers in federally regulated workplaces. We work closely with the following parties to promote fair, safe and productive workplaces, and collaborative workplace relations:
- provincial and territorial governments
- international partners, and
- other stakeholders
COVID-19: Service Canada Centres
You do not need to go to a Service Canada Centre for service.
Complete a service request form online. A Service Canada officer will call you back within 2 business days. If your request cannot be completed over the phone, you will be offered an appointment to visit a Service Canada Centre.
Please read our latest notices:
Services and information
A fine to encourage employers to comply with labour standards and workplace health and safety laws
Steps for employers who are federally regulated and want to hire student interns
Receive possible payment of outstanding eligible wages if your employer is bankrupt or in receivership.
Collective bargaining process, dispute prevention programs, training workshops and arbitration appointments
Access customized information on industrial relations and collective bargaining.
Access the full text of the collective agreements, important benefit changes and latest wage adjustments.
Rights and responsibilities related to workplace equality in the federal jurisdiction.
Internationally recognized labour standards and forums, and negotiating labour cooperation agreements.
What we are doing
- Consultation regarding Mental Health (Psychological Health and Safety)
- Consultation on proposed Pay Equity Regulations: Closed consultation
- Consultation on labour exploitation in global supply chains
- Minister of Labour meets stakeholders in London, gets update on workplace harassment and violence prevention projects supported by Government of Canada
- Canada’s labour ministers meet to discuss important workplace issues
- Government releases report of the Expert Panel on Modern Federal Labour Standards
Harassment and violence in the workplace
Know how to prevent harassment and violence in federally regulated workplaces
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: