Annex – Policy Brief 1: Federal Anti-Racism Secretariat demographic list
Question: How would you describe your ethnic/cultural origins? Check all that apply.
- Black (that is, African, African-Canadian descent, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Latino/Afro-Latinx, Afro-North African and Middle East)
- East Asian/East Asian descent (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Taiwanese or other East Asian descent)
- Middle Eastern and/or North African (that is, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen or other Middle Eastern and North African descent)
- South Asian/South Asian descent (that is, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, or other South Asian descent)
- Southeast Asian/ Southeast Asian descent (that is, Brunei, Burma/Myanmar, Cambodia, East Timor/Timor-Leste Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, or other Southeast Asian descent)
- Latino/Latina/Latinx (non-white Latin American descent)
- White (European descent)
- Mixed (SPECIFY)________________
- Other (SPECIFY) ______________
Note: In this context, “Indigenous” is not expanded as First Nations, Métis and Inuit for the Canadian context, since some people may self-identify as “Indigenous” from other parts of the world.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: