Commenting and Service Standards
We welcome your questions, comments, feedback, support, and ideas.
- Comments are monitored and moderated, according to stated rules.
- You are responsible for everything that you submit in your comments.
- All posted comments are in the public domain.
- Please do not include personal information in your comment.
- Make sure your comments are respectful and relevant to the conversation.
We welcome comments and questions about the content we post in social media channels. Unfortunately, we are not able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via social media channels. All replies and direct messages will be read and emerging themes or helpful suggestions will be forwarded to the relevant people in our department.
We expect that conversations will follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit in your comments, and all posted comments are in the public domain. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information such as phone numbers, Social Insurance Numbers, banking information, résumés, or e-mail addresses in the body of your comment.
Service Canada will not tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to refuse, edit, or remove any of the following:
- comments contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- messages where the sender is not the author (nor the copyright holder, if applicable), and/or posted anonymously or by robot accounts
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group, or agency
- announcements from labour or political organizations
- messages written in a language other than English or French
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages
In short, please be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant. If you have any questions about our Commenting and Service Standards, or how we apply them, please contact us.
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from our dialogue spaces on our accounts and channels.
We recognize that the Web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, the moderating and posting of comments will generally occur during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as soon as possible.
The views of participants commenting on our social media sites do not necessarily represent the views of Service Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: