Backgrounder: Enabling Accessibility Fund – Windsor Projects
The Enabling Accessibility Fund supports the capital costs of construction and renovations related to improving physical accessibility and safety for people with disabilities in Canadian communities and workplaces.
The 11 Windsor area projects that recently received support under the EAF are:
- The University of Windsor - received $47,882, to purchase and install actuators (push button door operators) in eight areas and rooms across campus.
- Stonehedge Properties Inc. - received $91,000 to develop an existing building into the Walkerville Arts Centre, a multi-use community arts programming space designed to meet the needs of people of all abilities.
- The Riverside Minor Baseball Club - received $100,000 to build a fully accessible sports field and baseball field.
- Windsor Centre for Film, Digital Media & the Creative Arts - received $70,298 to improve building accessibility for the safety for their community, consumers and patrons.
- Town of Lasalle - received $100,000 to provide additional accessible playground areas for members of the community and their caregivers to enjoy and interact.
- Connections Early Years Family Centre – conducted two projects, receiving $10,000 for each that will enable the centre to provide safe, visible and accessible access to their services.
- Welcome Centre Shelter for Women - received $98,532, for the purchase and installation of push buttons door openers, as well as a ramp for their current existing mobile office trailer.
- Aboriginal Child Resource Centre - received $10,000 to enhance accessibility and safe use of the Kitigan Mino Inawendiwin (garden) with the addition of accessible ramps, wider entrances, and raised garden beds.
- The Corporation of the Town of Essex - received $10,000 to install accessible doors.
- The Corporation of the Town of Amherstburg - received $10,000 to purchase 10 raised garden beds, which are accessible to wheelchair access for the Green Circle Garden.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: