Canada takes action on the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development
In September 2015, Canada and all other 192 United Nations Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UN General Assembly. This initiative is a global call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
The 2030 Agenda presents Canada, and the world, with a historic opportunity to positively shape how societies of tomorrow grow and develop sustainably and inclusively to the shared benefit of all.
17 goals to leave no one behind
We are working with our partners to advance the 2030 Agenda at home and abroad through concrete actions on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How we are taking action
We are monitoring Canada’s progress on the Sustainable Development Goals through statistics and metrics.
We are reporting on Canada’s progress and actions to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at home and abroad.
- Moving forward together: Canada's 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Towards Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Apply for grants under Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
- Apply for contributions under Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
- Backgrounder : 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Backgrounder: Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
- Government of Canada launches call for proposals for grants to accelerate action on Sustainable Development Goals
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Canada’s Statement to the 2018 United Nations High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development from Minister Jean-Yves Duclos
- Speech from Minister Jean-Yves Duclos and Parliamentary Secretary Celina Caesar-Chavannes for Canada’s Voluntary National Review at the 2018 United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
- SDG Data Hub
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- National Poverty Reduction Strategy
- Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy
- Terms and conditions
What we are doing
- Canada makes important strides towards a 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Government of Canada launches consultations on the National Strategy for Sustainable Development
- Canada highlighted its commitment to the 2030 Agenda to the United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Address to the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly
Join the conversation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: