Canada takes action on the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals
In September 2015, Canada and all other 192 United Nations Member States adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UN General Assembly. This initiative is a global call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
The 2030 Agenda presents Canada, and the world, with a historic opportunity to shape how societies of tomorrow grow sustainably and inclusively to the shared benefit of all.
17 goals to leave no one behind
We are working with our partners and stakeholders to advance the 2030 Agenda at home and abroad through concrete actions on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
How we are taking action
Moving Forward Together: Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy
Moving Forward Together – Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy is an important milestone in continuing to implement and advance the 2030 Agenda. It supports progress on the SDGs in Canada and abroad.
The strategy promotes a whole-of-society effort to achieving the SDGs. It also sets out a national vision to help build the world envisioned in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Federal Implementation Plan for the 2030 Agenda
The Federal Implementation Plan articulates how we will contribute to advancing the National Strategy, through:
- the roles and responsibilities of federal departments and agencies
- an Annual Report to Canadians on progress
- ongoing opportunities for public engagement
- the SDG Funding Program
Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
Through the SDG Funding Program, we are supporting the work of partners to advance progress on the SDGs.
Consult the Sustainable Development Goals Funding Program
Monitoring and reporting on progress
Statistics Canada is measuring and reporting on Canada’s progress on the SDGs. The SDG Data Hub monitors progress against the Canadian Indicator Framework, based on the UN’s Global Indicator Framework.
What we are doing
- Government of Canada launches its 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Canada makes important strides towards a 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Canada highlighted its commitment to the 2030 Agenda to the United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
- Government of Canada launches call for proposals for grants to accelerate action on Sustainable Development Goals
- Backgrounder: 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Towards Canada’s 2030 Agenda National Strategy
- Canada’s Voluntary National Review
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- Canadian Poverty Reduction Strategy
- Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy
Join the conversation
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: