Employment Insurance reporting calendar
While you are receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits, you must complete a report every two weeks to show that you are eligible to continue receiving benefits. On it, you will need to enter the total hours worked and total earnings for each week. The reporting calendar can help you keep track of your hours and earnings to enter on your report.
How to fill in the reporting calendar
- At the top of the calendar, enter the dates for the weeks you are reporting on. Use Sunday as the first day of the week and Saturday as the last day. For example, Sunday, May 6 to Saturday, May 12.
- In the “Hours” column, enter the total number of full and partial hours you worked each day. For example, 8.25 hours. (Record hours worked for all employers.)
- In the “Earnings” column, record the total earnings before deductions for each day of the week you worked. Include tips, commissions and vacation pay. (Record earnings from all employers.)
- Add up the “Hours” column and enter the total in the “Total to report for this week” box. Report only full hours. Round down to the nearest hour; do not round up. For example, if you worked 38.5 hours, you would enter 38 hours.
- Add up the “Earnings” column and enter the total in the “Total to report for this week” box. Round your total earnings to the nearest dollar. For example, if your earnings were $125.49, enter $125. If your earnings were $125.50, enter $126.
- Once you complete and submit your report, you will be given the due date of your next report. Enter this date at the bottom of your reporting calendar.
Submitting your report
If you have access to the Internet, we recommend using the Internet Reporting Service, which is simple, fast, convenient and secure. If you do not have access to the Internet, you can use the Telephone Reporting Service by calling 1-800-531-7555. Both options are available anywhere in Canada and can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Submit your report on or shortly after the due date, but not before. You must complete your reports no later than three weeks after each due date or your EI claim may be affected.
You can view and update your EI information by logging in to or registering for My Service Canada Account.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: