Annual Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security insert
Annual Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security insert [PDF - 159 KB]
Request other formats online or call 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232). If you use a teletypewriter (TTY), call 1-800-926-9105. Large print, braille, audio cassette, audio CD, e-text diskette, e-text CD and DAISY are available on demand.
Correct information means you get the right benefits
Remember to inform Service Canada when:
- you move
- you leave Canada for more than 6 months
- your banking information changes
- your marital status changes
- a child under 18 who is entitled to receive a Canada Pension Plan benefit enters or leaves your custody
- someone in your family who receives benefits dies
Do you receive the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), the Allowance or the Allowance for Survivor benefit
Service Canada will renew your GIS, Allowance or Allowance for the Survivor automatically if you file your income tax return by April 30, 2019. This will ensure your benefit is not suspended in July. For more information, visit Old Age Security.
Get your tax slips online
You can get your tax slips online at any time through your My Service Canada Account.
With your My Service Canada Account, you can also:
- update your personal information
- view your Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Statement of Contributions
- sign up for direct deposit or share your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency
- view your CPP and/or Old Age Security (OAS) pension monthly payments
- delay receiving your OAS pension
Visit My service Canada account to register or update your information today.
Benefits are taxable
The OAS pension and CPP benefits count as income and are taxable. For information on reporting income, refer to your income tax guide (lines 113 and 114).
For more information
- Visit Public pensions
- Call 1-800-277-9914 or, if you live outside of Canada, 1-613-957-1954 (collect calls accepted)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: