Canadian Poverty Reduction Strategy
On August 21, 2018, the Government of Canada released Opportunity for All: Canada's First Poverty Reduction Strategy, which targets a 20% reduction in poverty by 2020 and a 50% reduction in poverty by 2030, relative to 2015 levels.
Canada’s First Poverty Reduction Strategy brings together investments that the Government has already made in the social and economic well-being of Canadians since 2015.
The Government of Canada is committed to poverty reduction. Opportunity for All is a bold vision to build a Canada where every Canadian has a real and fair chance at success and a Canada without poverty.
- Canada's Poverty Reduction Strategy: An Update
- National Advisory Council on Poverty
- An Update on the Market Basket Measure Comprehensive Review
- Dimensions of Poverty Hub
- What we heard about poverty reduction
- Towards a Poverty Reduction Strategy: Discussion paper
- Towards a Poverty Reduction Strategy: A backgrounder on poverty in Canada
- Tackling Poverty Together
What we are doing
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: