Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Labour Market Impact Assessment processing centres
Due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, there are changes to this program.
Call the Employer Contact Centre from Monday to Friday, between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm, Eastern Time, to get more information about:
- the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), and
- Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications
What you need before you call:
- your business number (BN), or the BN of the business you are calling about
- the postal code associated with the BN (as registered with CRA)
Canada and the United States:
- Toll-free: 1-800-367-5693
- Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-855-881-9874
Outside Canada and the United States: 506-546-7569 (collect calls accepted)
Post Office (PO) Boxes can only receive mail items sent through Canada Post. Courier delivery services may not deliver to a PO Box and it’s your responsibility to verify with your courier provider.
For more efficient LMIA application process, Service Canada strongly recommends that you submit your applications electronically using the LMIA Online portal.
To access LMIA Online, an employer and a third party (if applicable) must have a valid Job Bank user account for authentication purposes. If you have not yet completed the one time registration in Job Bank for Employers, we invite you to do so by clicking on the link below and following the “Don’t have an account? Sign up now.” button. The registration process will take approximately 10 minutes. Once your Job Bank account(s) is/are created, you will be able to complete an LMIA application via the LMIA Online Portal.
Until further notice, you can also submit your LMIA applications and any documents specific to an LMIA application to our processing centres via email to the email addresses listed below. Documents must be in PDF, RTF, TXT or in JPG format and must not be over 4MB in size. Please ensure that you email your application or documents to the appropriate address based on your stream and job location. Please note the email addresses below are for LMIA applications and TFW Program document submissions only. We will not respond to, or forward, any other inquiries. For more information, please contact the Employer Contact Centre at one of the numbers listed above.
LMIA applications are processed in different locations across Canada, depending on the stream or job location. It’s important that employers e-mail or fax their applications to the appropriate office, to avoid processing delays.
- British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Yukon
- Alberta, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Atlantic Provinces
Centres of specialization process the following occupation and program specific applications:
- Academics (University Professors), Medical Doctors/Specialists or Registered Nurses and High-Skill Programs Supporting Permanent Residency (under Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class)
- In-home Caregiver Program
- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program
- Agriculture (including high/low wage) – Temporary Measures
- Pilot for two-year employment duration for eligible meat processor employers
British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Yukon
- 604-666-7731 (film and entertainment)
- 604-666-8920 (other occupations)
- 1-866-301-5603 (toll-free from Saskatchewan and Manitoba)
Alberta, Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- 780-495-2738, or
- 1-866-874-8954 (toll-free)
For all applications where the work location is in Quebec
Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador
Academics (university professors), medical doctors/specialists or registered nurses and High-Skill Programs Supporting Permanent Residency (under Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class)
All provinces and territories (except Quebec)
Caregivers (In-home positions)
All provinces and territories (except Quebec)
Primary Agriculture (including SAWP, Agricultural Stream as well as primary agriculture but non-NCL positions under High-wage and Low-wage Streams) – Temporary measures
Until further notice, all Primary Agriculture applications from all provinces and territories except where work location is in Quebec must be sent to the following fax number or e-mail address:
Pilot for two-year employment duration for eligible meat processor employers (all provinces)
ATTN: Meat Processor Pilot
(Please note that a completed Schedule L is required for your application to be considered under this pilot)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: