Contact the Employer Contact Centre
For more information on Employment Insurance (EI) for employers, please consult: EI information for employers.
Not an employer? Consult: EI information for individuals.
You can complete the following tasks online:
The Employer Contact Centre's automated service provides specific information on some of Service Canada's employer related programs and services. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
During business hours, you can call the Employer Contact Centre for assistance with:
- advice and guidance about issuing records of employment (ROE)
- ordering paper ROE forms
- technical support for ROE Web
- registration support for Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS)
- Data Gateway support for:
- information on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- information about the Job Bank for Employers in Quebec
- information on the Work-Sharing Program
- information on the EI Premium Reduction Program (PRP)
- information on the Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) program
We will ask you for the following information when you call:
- your Business Number (BN), or the BN of the business you are calling about
- the postal code associated with the BN (as registered with CRA)
Canada and the United States:
- Toll-free: 1-800-367-5693
- TTY: 1-855-881-9874
Outside Canada and the United States: 506-546-7569 (collect calls accepted)
Hours of operation: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.
Average wait times
Our service standard is to answer your call within 10 minutes. Please see below our average wait times for the week of September 11, 2023.
Definition of average wait time
This is the average length of time that callers wait in queue before speaking to an agent.
|Days||Average wait time|
|Monday September 11, 2023||35 seconds|
|Tuesday September 12, 2023||48 seconds|
|Wednesday September 13, 2023||30 seconds|
|Thursday September 14, 2023||32 seconds|
|Friday September 15, 2023||28 seconds|
|Average wait time for the week of September 11, 2023||35 seconds|
To resolve your enquiry without waiting to speak to a representative, you may use one of our online self-service options described above.
Weekly average wait times
|Weeks||Average wait time|
|The week of September 4 to 8||1 minute|
|The week of August 28 to September 1||2 minutes|
|The week of August 21 to 25||26 seconds|
|The week of August 14 to 18||1 minute|
Monthly average wait times
|Months||Average wait time|
|August 2023||1 minute|
|July 2023||1 minute|
|June 2023||2 minutes|
|May 2023||2 minutes|
|April 2023||1 minute|
|March 2023||53 seconds|
|February 2023||1 minute|
|January 2023||14 minutes|
|December 2022||12 minutes|
|November 2022||9 minutes|
|October 2022||7 minutes|
|September 2022||14 minutes|
- Date modified: