Contact the Employer Contact Centre

For more information on Employment Insurance (EI) for employers, please consult: EI information for employers.

Not an employer? Consult: EI information for individuals.


You can complete the following tasks online:

By phone

The Employer Contact Centre's automated service provides specific information on some of Service Canada's employer related programs and services. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

During business hours, you can call the Employer Contact Centre for assistance with:

We will ask you for the following information when you call:

  • your Business Number (BN), or the BN of the business you are calling about
  • the postal code associated with the BN (as registered with CRA)

Canada and the United States:

  • Toll-free: 1-800-367-5693
  • TTY: 1-855-881-9874

Outside Canada and the United States: 506-546-7569 (collect calls accepted)

Hours of operation: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.

Average wait times

Our service standard is to answer your call within 10 minutes. Please see below our average wait times for the week of November 27, 2023.

Definition of average wait time

This is the average length of time that callers wait in queue before speaking to an agent.

Days Average wait time
Monday November 27, 2023 3 minutes
Tuesday November 28, 2023 10 minutes
Wednesday November 29, 2023 14 minutes
Thursday November 30, 2023 10 minutes
Friday December 1, 2023 3 minutes
Average wait time for the week of November 27, 2023 8 minutes

To resolve your enquiry without waiting to speak to a representative, you may use one of our online self-service options described above.

Weekly average wait times
Weeks Average wait time
The week of November 20 to 24 8 minutes
The week of November 13 to 17 8 minutes
The week of November 6 to 10 46 seconds
The week of October 30 to November 3 2 minutes
Monthly average wait times
Months Average wait time
November 2023 6 minutes
October 2023 1 minute
September 2023 47 seconds
August 2023 1 minute
July 2023 1 minute
June 2023 2 minutes
May 2023 2 minutes
April 2023 1 minute
March 2023 53 seconds
February 2023 1 minute
January 2023 14 minutes
December 2022 12 minutes

Page details

Date modified: