Contact the Employer Contact Centre
For more information on Employment Insurance (EI) for employers, please consult: EI information for employers.
Not an employer? Consult: EI information for individuals.
You can complete the following task online:
The Employer Contact Centre’s automated service provides specific information on some of Service Canada’s employer related programs and services. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
During business hours, you can call the Employer Contact Centre for assistance with:
- advice and guidance about issuing records of employment (ROEs)
- ordering paper ROE forms
- technical support for:
- Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS)
- ROE Web
- Data Gateway support for:
- Automated Earnings Reporting System (AERS)
- Report on Hirings (RoH)
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program’s Global Talent Stream
- Work-Sharing Program
- information on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- information about the Job Bank for Employers in British Columbia and Quebec
- information on the Work-Sharing Program
- information on the EI Premium Reduction Program (PRP)
- information on the Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) program
We will ask you for the following information when you call:
- your Business Number (BN), or the BN of the business you are calling about
- the postal code associated with the BN (as registered with CRA)
Canada and the United States:
- Toll-free: 1-800-367-5693
- TTY: 1-855-881-9874
Outside Canada and the United States: 506-546-7569 (collect calls accepted)
Hours of operation: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.
Average wait times
Our service standard is to answer your call within 10 minutes. Please see below for our average wait times for the week of September 6, 2021.
Definition of average wait time
This is the average length of time that callers wait in queue before speaking to an agent.
|Days||Average wait time|
|Monday September 6, 2021||Closed for holiday|
|Tuesday September 7, 2021||47 seconds|
|Wednesday September 8, 2021||2 minutes|
|Thursday September 9, 2021||2 minutes|
|Friday September 10, 2021||1 minute|
|Average wait time for the week of September 6, 2021||2 minutes|
To resolve your enquiry without waiting to speak to a representative, you may use one of our online self-service options described above.
Weekly average wait times
|Weeks||Average wait time|
|The week of August 30 to September 3||2 minutes|
|The week of August 23 to 27||2 minutes|
|The week of August 16 to 20||2 minutes|
|The week of August 9 to 13||34 seconds|
Monthly average wait times
|Months||Average wait time|
|August 2021||2 minutes|
|July 2021||7 seconds|
|June 2021||10 seconds|
|May 2021||4 seconds|
|April 2021||8 seconds|
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: