Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Non-compliance and voluntary disclosure
If you employ Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs), and you have not been complying with the conditions of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), you can voluntarily tell us about the compliance issues before an inspection is launched.
You will also need to take corrective action to fix the compliance issues. Once you tell us, we may inspect. If we find issues, you may face a reduced penalty based on these factors:
- how complete your disclosure is
- whether your business is not already the subject of an inspection or another action under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
- the impact on the TFWs
- the impact on the Canadian labour market
- the timeliness of the disclosure
- how many times you’ve used voluntary disclosure
- how you have fixed the issue and make sure it doesn’t happen again, and
- what conditions you failed to comply with
For more information, please contact the Employer Contact Centre at 1-800-367-5693.
- Date modified: