How to apply
Application period: Closed on December 19, 2023 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time.
On this page
Use the Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS) to apply.
If you do not have a GCOS account, you are strongly encouraged to create one as soon as possible. You can apply for funding as soon as you register for a GCOS account.
What is the Grants and Contributions Online Service (GCOS)?
GCOS allows you to apply and track multiple applications online. You can:
- check your application status,
- sign agreements,
- manage your application,
- submit documents, and
- review past projects submitted through GCOS
To apply through the GCOS system, you'll need to create a GCOS account the first time you use the system. We strongly encourage you to start the one-time GCOS account creation process as soon as possible.
To create a GCOS account, organizations or businesses need to have:
- a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business or registration number; and
- the legal and operating name and address of their organization, as registered with the CRA.
Indigenous organizations that don't have a business or registration number can apply by email or mail.
Confirmation of receipt
If you submit your application through GCOS, you will receive an acknowledgment and a tracking number immediately.
Other ways to apply
While we recommend the Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS), you can also apply using one of the following options:
By email or by mail
To apply by email or by mail, download and complete the application form.Application Form for Funding (EMP 5682) (PDF, 265 KB)
How to submit your application
Email your application to EDSC.SJC.OBREG-REGSP.CSC.ESDC@servicecanada.gc.ca by December 19, 2023, at 3:00 pm EST.
- Use the following naming convention in your email subject line: “Organization Name – Service Placements Regional Stream – Application”
- Please note that we can't accept links to cloud or SharePoint versions and password protected applications.
If you submit by email, you'll receive an acknowledgment by email within 14 days of its receipt. We'll send the acknowledgment to the email address provided in your application.
Your application must be postmarked on or before December 19, 2023. You should mail your application to the address applicable to your province or territory from the list below. Note that mail in applications may face processing delays.
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and Yukon
Canada Service Corps Program, Program Delivery Branch
400-555 West Hastings Street
Vancouver BC V6B 1M1
Indigenous Programs & Community Development, (IPCD)
Program Delivery Branch, Richmond Hill
P.O. Box 175
STN Don Mills, North York ON M3C 2S2
Service Canada, Programs Branch
Canada Service Corps Program
200 René-Lévesque W., 4th floor, West Tower
Montréal QC H2Z 1X4
New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
Service Canada, Program Delivery
Canada Service Corps Program
PO Box 12000
Fredericton NB E3B 5G4
If you submit your application by mail, you will receive an acknowledgment by email within 14 days of its receipt. We'll send the acknowledgment to the email address provided in your application.
Our application form uses PDF form technology. You must have a PDF reader installed to use the form correctly. There are several readers available on the Internet for free that support our form:
- Adobe Reader (you must use a version of Adobe Reader 8 or higher, for example Adobe Acrobat DC Reader)
- Foxit Reader
If you do not use the recommended readers (Adobe Acrobat 8 or higher or Foxit Reader), ESDC may receive a blank application from you.
Downloading the application form
- Make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher or Foxit Reader installed on your system
- Select the application form
- When prompted to open or save the form, select the down arrow on the “Save” button, and select ”Save as”
- Select your folder location and save (file type must be PDF)
- Reopen the form from your computer:
- select the “Open with” option
- choose option to open with either Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit
- Make sure that the form opens in one of the reader softwares (Adobe or Foxit), by looking at the top of your screen. For example, you should see:
- ESDC-EMP5682.pdf (SECURED) – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- ESDC-EMP5682.pdf (SECURED) – Foxit PhantomPDF
- Begin inputting and save your information
- Before submitting your application make sure that the application form is completed, and all information has saved properly
Moving within a form
To move from one field to the next on the form, hit “Tab”. This ensures that you do not accidently skip over any fields.
Forms that perform calculations
Some sections of the form perform calculations based on the amounts you enter and will automatically calculate totals in the appropriate fields. You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of any information submitted. Please double-check all data you enter.
Submit one application only
Submit only one copy of your application to ESDC. Submitting multiple copies of the same application or submitting the same application by using various methods will cause longer processing times for your application.
Please note that eligible organizations may only submit one application per stream.
When you'll get a funding decision
We expect to make funding decisions in Spring 2024.
If your project is approved for funding, you should not begin any of the proposed activities or spend any funds for the project at any time before the signing of the Agreement.
If you apply through GCOS, you will be able to track the status of your application throughout the process.
Not all submitted applications will be selected for funding, as funding is limited. Please note that decisions are final and there is no appeal process.
- Date modified: