Access Grants and Contributions Online Services
Please be advised that this online service will be unavailable on Sunday, December 17, 2017 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am (Eastern Time) and on Monday, December 18, 2017 from 5:00 am to 7:00 am (Eastern Time) to permit system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS) is an online application for stakeholders to apply for funding opportunities (grants and contributions) and manage Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Canada approved active projects within a secure environment.
If you are new to GCOS, you will need to choose one of the below "secure sign-in methods" to set-up your username and password for GCOS. Details about the complete registration process can be found on the Registering for GCOS page.
Choose a secure sign-in method
- Use the same sign-in information you use for other online services (e.g. online banking).
- None of your information (e.g. financial, banking) will be shared with ESDC/Service Canada. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave the ESDC/Service Canada site to use your Sign-In Partner.
- View the full list of Sign-in Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- BMO Financial Group
- CHOICE REWARDS MasterCard
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- National Bank of Canada
- Desjardins Group
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
GCKey user ID and password
- Sign-in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
Recover Access to your GCOS account
In order to recover access to your GCOS account, you will need your User Reference Number. You will also be required to answer your security questions.
- Select your sign in preference: Sign-In Partner or GCKey
- If you are using a Sign-In Partner, select your financial institution and enter your banking credentials
- If you choose to create a new GCKey, click the Continue to GCKey button. On the Welcome to GCKey page, click on the Sign Up button on the right hand side of the screen. Be sure to record your new User ID and password and keep it in a safe place
- You will be directed to a page that offers the opportunity to register as a new user or recover access to an existing profile.
- Select Option 2: “Recover access to my existing Grants and Contributions Online Services by providing my User Reference Number and answering my security questions” or click on the Find my User Reference Number link
- Enter your User Reference Number and click Continue
- Answer your three security questions and click Continue
- On the confirmation page, click Continue to start using your new user name and password to access your GCOS account
- Enter your Associated Email Address and click Continue
- Answer your three security questions and click on Continue
- On the confirmation page, click Continue to start using your new user name and password to access your GCOS account.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: