Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS)
3 Easy steps to create your account - Be ready to submit your funding proposal online
STEP 1: Create your profile
- Create your user name and password using one of the financial institutions from the Government of Canada’s list of Sign-in Partners, or register for a GCKey.
- Create your user profile and receive a user reference number (URN)—your unique client identifier for GCOS.
- Create a profile for your organization.
STEP 2: Validate your profile:
- As the main account holder, you will be required to validate and authenticate your identity either online through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) using your My Account sign-in information, or in person at a Service Canada Centre.
- Validate your organization profile. This requires your business number, legal and operating name and the address, as registered with CRA.
STEP 3: Enter your authorization code:
- A letter containing an authorization code will be mailed to the head of your organization. The head of your organization will be instructed to provide you with the authorization code to complete the registration process. Once you have the code, log into GCOS and enter it.
Did you know?
It is now possible to apply for funding online through the Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS) platform.
GCOS is a secure web environment that allows organizations to apply for funding online, track their application status, manage active projects, submit claims or supporting documents, and review past projects submitted through GCOS—using one online system.
By creating a GCOS account now, organizations can be ready to submit future grants and contributions funding applications online. Organizations can also save the content of their funding application in their GCOS account for future reference.
Creating a GCOS account is a one-time, safe and secure process. The same GCOS account can be used to apply for various ESDC funding opportunities.
Organizations have convenient 24/7 access to their account. GCOS is also available on all mobile devices.
For more information, go to Access Grants and Contributions Online Services and follow the three easy steps to create a GCOS account today!For questions related to your GCOS account, email us at: NA-GCOS-SELSC-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
Frequently Asked Questions
Started your GCOS account registration, but did not complete it?
Follow the steps below:
- Go to GCOS and enter your username and password, then click Continue; If you do not remember your username or password, refer to section 1.1.5 of the GCOS Account Registration User Guide (Recover Access to an Existing Profile).
- Click on your organization’s name displayed on the Welcome screen;
- In the New Registration Summary screen, click in the Incomplete hyperlink next to Validate the Organization or next to Validate and Authenticate your Identity, whichever is available and requires validation.
- Follow steps 2 and 3 to complete your GCOS account registration.
Forgot your password or username for your GCOS account?
Follow the steps below:
- Sign in using GCKey
- Forgot your GCKey password? From the GCOS website, select Continue to GCKey sign-in option
- Select the Forgot Your Password? hyperlink and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Forgot your username for your GCOS account? From the GCOS website, select Continue to GCKey sign-in option to register and create a new username and password. Follow the instructions in section 1.1.5 Recover Access to an Existing Profile of the GCOS user guide or contact the Employer Contact Centre for support at 1-800-367-5693.
- Sign in using a Sign-in Partner
- From the GCOS website, select Continue to Sign-in Partner. If you do not remember your Sign-in Partner password or username, follow the instructions from your Sign-In Partner or financial institution for assistance.
Can I use my GCOS account to submit my funding application?
Yes. You can also save your application while creating it, track the status, submit your employer and employee declarations, agreements and claims.
To use your GCOS account to submit your funding application:
- Enter your user name and password in GCOS and click Continue.
- Click on your organization’s name.
- Click on Gs&Cs Online Services.
- Click on your business’s legal name.
- Click on Apply in the Open Call for Proposal table.
- Complete the screens and submit when ready.
For more information and to register for GCOS:
Find a Service Canada Centre near you
Call the Employer Contact Centre 1-800-367-5693
Send an email to NA-GCOS-SELSC-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: