Funding: New Horizons for Seniors Program - Community-based projects (up to $25,000)
Current status of call for proposal: Closed
All applicants will be receiving an acknowledgement receipt of their application within 21 days following the closing date of the call for proposals. Applicants will be informed of the final decision in writing. Letters or emails will be sent by the Department in early 2019. Recipients must not start their projects until an agreement has been signed by a representative of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
Please note that not all applications submitted under this CFP will be approved. Funding is limited and is subject to budget considerations of ESDC, and allocation of funds by Parliament.
Decisions are final and there is no appeal process.
Organizations that want to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities are eligible to receive federal grants and contributions funding. Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Community-based projects are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year, per organization, in grant funding or a small grant of a maximum of $5,000.
Organizations can apply for funding for community-based and pan-Canadian projects in the same year when calls for proposals are open.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: