How to apply
You can apply from August 01, 2023 to September 14, 2023 at 3:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST). Closed
On this page
Apply now Closed
Use the Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS) to apply.
If you do not have a GCOS account, you are strongly encouraged to create one as soon as possible. It may take up to 2 weeks to finalize your GCOS account.
What is the Grants and Contributions Online Service (GCOS)?
GCOS allows you to apply and track applications online. You can check your application status, sign agreements, manage, submit documents and review past projects submitted through GCOS.
To apply through the GCOS system, you will need to create a GCOS account the first time you use the system. It may take up to 2 weeks to finalize your GCOS account; you are strongly encouraged to initiate the one-time GCOS account creation process as soon as possible.
Confirmation of receipt
When you submit your application through GCOS, you will receive an acknowledgment immediately and a tracking number.
Other way to apply
While we recommend GCOS as the most efficient application method, you can also apply using the following option:
Online fillable form
To apply online, you will use the Online fillable form. The application will be completed using your browser and submitted to ESDC when you click the button at the end of the application.
To avoid data loss or timeouts
- Review the Prepare to Apply section, and answer all application questions in a Word document.
- Gather your supporting documents and information before you begin your application.
- Copy and paste your final information from Word into the online application.
- After 20 minutes of inactivity on a page, the system will notify you with a pop-up window.
- If you do not press “OK” within the expected delay time, the page will time-out and you will lose any information you entered during this session.
- If you need to stop at any point during the application process, you will have the option to “Save and Continue later”.
- This feature will save all the information entered on the previous pages (not the information entered on the page where you will “Save and continue Later”).
- You will need to provide an email address and password.
- A link to your draft application will be sent to your email and will only be available for 48 hours from the time you initiate your application.
- Please note that saved applications cannot be submitted after the call for proposal has closed.
- The questions in the online form are in the same order as in the Prepare to Apply section. However, the questions are not numbered online.
- You can print a copy of your application before submitting your application. This is the only opportunity to print your application.
- After you print a copy of your online application, click “Submit” to complete your application. If you do not click “Submit”, your application will not be sent to us.
- Click “Submit” to complete your application.
- Once your application is submitted online, you will receive a confirmation number by email. If you do not receive it, please re-submit.
- The online application will only be available for 48 hours from the time you start completing your application. Apply using the Online fillable form
Submit 1 application only
Submit only 1 copy of your application to ESDC. We will only accept the first application submitted.
When you’ll get a funding decision
We expect to make funding decisions in February 2024.
You should not start your project until you receive approval from us, as you will not be re-embursed for expenditures encurred before we approve a project and your project may no longer be eligible.
If you apply through GCOS, you will be able to track the status of your application throughout the process.
Not all submitted applications will be selected for funding, as funding is limited. Please note that decisions are final and there is no appeal process.
- Date modified: