Science Horizons Youth Internship Program – Environment and Climate Change Canada
Description of the program
This program can help your organization create green jobs by supporting up to 70% of wage costs for post-secondary science, tech, engineering or math (STEM) graduates. Internships help STEM graduates aged 30 or under gain skills so they can excel in their fields. Jobs last from six to 12 months.
Green STEM jobs include:
- Green manufacturing;
- Carbon and climate change mitigation;
- Energy efficiency and green building;
- Green services;
- Renewable/green energy;
- Solar and wind technology;
- Resource conservation;
- Watershed and water resource management;
- Environmental protection;
- Waste management;
- Alternative/sustainable transportation;
- Sustainable planning/urban design;
- Green retail; and
Jobs in any industry may be considered as long as they have a clear green focus.
Who can apply
You are a potential employer if you are a/an:
- Not-for-profit organization, including band or tribal council;
- Provincial, territorial, municipal or local government; or
- Post-secondary institution.
As a potential employer, you must provide:
- Supervision and mentoring; and
- At least 30% of the total salary for each intern position.
The application period varies with each partner.
Steps to apply
Apply through one of the five delivery organizations.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: