RESP Promoter Tools Update
Disclaimer: RESP promoters
The information contained on this page is technical in nature and is intended for Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) and Canada Education Savings Program promoters. For general information, visit the RESP section.
Official title: RESP Promoter Tools Update
- November 16, 2012
- RESP Promoter Tools Update
This Information Bulletin updates the Information Bulletin PCEE/CESP-2011/12-007-472 dated February 17, 2012.
The purpose of this information bulletin is to inform Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) Providers about recent updates to RESP Promoter tools.
The Canada Education Savings Program (CESP) updates RESP Promoter Tools on an ongoing basis to incorporate new information and make improvements as required. This bulletin identifies several updates that have been incorporated to the RESP InfoCapsules and RESP Provider User Guide since February 17, 2012.
You will find links to the most recent version of all promoter tools on the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) RESP Promoter Tools Web page.
RESP InfoCapsule Updates
The following InfoCapsules have been updated:
InfoCapsule 8 Comparison of Family and Individual Plans:
- Clarify when contributions must stop
InfoCapsule 16 RESP Transfers:
- Incorporate new transfer forms
InfoCapsule 17 Educational Assistance Payments (EAPs):
- Clarify requirements to qualify for an EAP
RESP Provider User Guide Updates
The following chapters have been updated:
1-1 HRSDC's Education Savings Incentives Program:
- 4.2: Clarify beneficiary age requirements for Family RESPs
2-4 The Alberta Centennial Education Savings Plan Grants:
- 2.4: Clarify proof of residency information on application forms
3-1 RESP Transfers and the Education Savings Incentives:
3-2 Post-Secondary Education and Educational Assistance Payments:
- 4.1: Clarify $5,000 EAP limit for full-time studies
- 4.2: Clarify $2,500 EAP limit for part-time studies
The following appendices were updated:
C Acronyms and Definitions:
- Family RESP: Clarify beneficiary age requirements
E Understanding Error Codes:
- 7001: Added information about SIN Validation Reports
F Understanding Refusal Reasons:
- Refusal Reason M: Corrected information for CLB
CESP eLearning Update
Two new eLearning modules were posted on the HRSDC Web site:
- Alberta Centennial Education Savings Plan Grants
- RESP Transfers
Other modules are coming soon:
- Educational Assistance Payments
- Overview of the Canada Education Savings Program System
Questions on this Information Bulletin should be directed to the CESP by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-276-3624.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: