(1) In this section, "transition engine" means an engine that is installed in or on a machine that meets the requirements set out in paragraph 102(d), subpart B, of the CFR.
(2) The standards set out in sections 9 to 11 do not apply to engines with a gross power of less than 19 kW that are transition engines of model year 2006.
(3) The standards for Tier 1 engines referred to in the CFR apply, instead of the standards set out in sections 9 to 11, to a transition engine with a gross power of:
- 37 kW or more, but less than 75 kW, for any of model years 2006 to 2010;
- 75 kW or more, but less than 225 kW, for any of model years 2006 to 2009;
- 225 kW or more, but less than 450 kW, for either of model years 2006 and 2007;
- 450 kW or more, but not more than 560 kW, for any of model years 2006 to 2008; and
- more than 560 kW, for any of model years 2006 to 2012.
(4) A transition engine shall bear a label that meets the requirements set out in subsections 7(3) and (4) and that sets out that the engine is a transition engine.
(5) A company that imports an engine referred to in subsection (2) or (3) into Canada for installation as a transition engine in or on a machine that is to be sold in Canada and the United States in reliance on subsection 153(2) of the Act shall submit a declaration at a customs office, signed by its duly authorized representative, that contains the information described in paragraphs 19(1)(a) to (d) and subparagraph 19(1)(e)(i) and a statement that the engine will be a transition engine and will conform to the standards set out in subsections (2) to (4).
- Date modified: