Canada’s approach on non-tax inefficient fossil fuel subsidies: closed consultation
Current status: ClosedThis consultation ran from March 29, 2019 to June 30, 2019.
This process helped inform Canada’s self-report as a part of its G20 Peer Review with Argentina.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada engaged with:
- environmental non-government organizations
- industry associations
- academic communities
Key questions for discussion
Your ideas and input were sought around our approach to Canada’s non-tax measures in the context of phasing out inefficient fossil fuel subsidies. Specifically, we sought your feedback on:
- Is the definition of “fossil fuel subsidy” and its associated criteria clear and practical? If not, what are your suggestions for improving them?
Isthe criteria proposed to assess “inefficiency” clear and practical? If not, what are your suggestions for improving them?
- Are there any other considerations that should be included in our approach?
- 2009 G20 Leaders Communique
- Canada and Argentina to Undergo Peer Reviews of Inefficient Fossil Fuel Subsidies
Economic Analysis Directorate
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Office 1033, 10th floor
200 Sacré-Cœur Blvd
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: