Canada’s greenhouse gas inventory
Every year, Canada prepares and submits a national greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). The report covers:
- anthropogenic (human-caused) emissions by sources
- removals by sinks
- annual emissions estimates dating back to 1990
Inventory information: Canada
Canada’s annual report on greenhouse gas emissions.
Access Canada’s GHG data tables.
Learn how we compile Canada's GHG emissions estimates.
Access global warming potentials and other relevant information.
Access reports from the Government of Canada's publications website.
Additional inventory information: international
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- United Nations: Climate Change
- National inventory submissions 2018
- UNFCCC reporting guidelines on annual inventories
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- 2006 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- 2013 Supplement to the 2006 Guideline for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories Wetlands (Wetland supplement)
- Revised 1996 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Guideline for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- Good Practice Guidance and Uncertainty Management in National Greenhouse Gas Inventories
- Good Practice Guidance for Land Use, Land-Use Change and Forestry
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: