Compliance and enforcement policy for wildlife legislation: chapter 2
The Department bases its actions on five general principles
- The wildlife compliance and enforcement program is one of the key elements of any strategy to conserve and protect natural resources.
- Compliance and enforcement activities must be securely founded in law and must be fair, predictable, and consistent across Canada.
- A collaborative effort by all stakeholders is necessary for the conservation and protection of natural resources.
- The public has an important role to play in conserving and protecting natural resources. Public involvement through education and awareness is essential to an effective compliance and enforcement program.
- Ideas, values, and expertise must be shared regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: