Share your thoughts: Proposed Regulations Amending Certain Regulations Made by the Department of Environment (Cross-border Movement)
Current status: Open
Opened on September 30, 2023 and will close to new input on November 29, 2023.
Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) is seeking your comments and feedback on the proposed Regulations Amending Certain Regulations Made by the Department of Environment) (Cross-border Movement).
The proposed Regulations are intended to strengthen Canada’s ability to meet its obligations under the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal, as well as to strengthen implementation and improve the clarity of the Cross-border Movement of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations.
Join in: How to participate
Please read our privacy statement for this consultation.
Share your ideas online
You can provide your comments on the proposed amendments using the online commenting feature available directly in the Canada Gazette, Part I publication.
For more information on how to submit comments, please visit the comment on proposed regulations page.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We invite all Canadians to participate in this consultation. We especially want to hear from:
- Canadian importers and exporters of hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable materials, including exporters/importers of e-waste, as well as exporters of hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable materials to non-OECD countries
- E-waste processers
- Waste disposers
- Scrap metal recyclers
- Carriers and carrier associations
- Waste management associations
- Recycling associations
- Provincial and Territorial governments
- Other Federal government departments
- National and regional Indigenous groups
- Environmental non-governmental organizations, other civil organizations
- Foreign and international bodies and countries
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 St. Joseph Boulevard
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
- Date modified: