Migratory bird permit application forms

Permits may be issued under the Migratory Birds Regulations with conditions for the husbandry, release, scaring, capture, killing or disposal of migratory birds, or any other matter concerning the conservation of migratory birds.

Types of migratory bird permits

Contact information for Canadian Wildlife Service offices (by region)

Atlantic region
New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island
17 Waterfowl Lane
P.O. Box 6227
Sackville, NB E4L 1G6

Telephone: 506-364-5068
Fax: 506-364-5062
Email: Permi.Atl@ec.gc.ca

Quebec region
801-1550 Avenue d'Estimauville
Quebec, QC G1J 0C3

Telephone: 418-649-6129
Fax: 418-648-4871
Email: PermisSCFQuebec-CWSQuebecPermit@ec.gc.ca

Ontario region
335 River Road
Ottawa, ON K1V 1C7

Telephone: 613-990-8355
Fax: 613-990-8400
Email: wildlifeontario@ec.gc.ca

Prairie region
Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
115 Perimeter Road
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0X4

Telephone: 306-975-6794
Fax: 306-975-4089
Email: prpermisscf-cwspermitpr@ec.gc.ca

Pacific region
British Columbia
60 Front Street L3
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5H7

Telephone: 250-327-4101
Email: scfpacpermitscwspacpermits@ec.gc.ca

Northern region
Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon
PO Box 1870
Suite 301, 933 Mivvik St.
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0

Telephone: 867-975-4636
Fax: 867-975-4645
Email: CWSPermitNorth@ec.gc.ca

Related links

  • Note to all applicants: Service standards for migratory bird permits can be found online. Please note that when incomplete applications are received, Environment and Climate Change Canada will notify the applicant and the time limit will be “paused” or “suspended” until all the missing information is received
  • The hunting of migratory birds is regulated by a set of rules, including the requirement to purchase a migratory game bird hunting permit. Go to migratory bird hunting
  • Please consult the permit officer, Canadian Wildlife Service from Environment and Climate Change Canada in your area to submit your permit application form. It is your responsibility to contact the appropriate provincial/territorial wildlife agency and municipal office for information about possible additional permits required for your planned activity
  • When applying for a damage or danger permit for the purpose of goose management, please refer to the Managing conflicts with migratory birds before undertaking the application process
  • If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about federal wildlife permits or user fees or if you need assistance completing an application form, please contact us at 1-800-668-6767

Page details

Date modified: