Explore National Pollutant Release Inventory data
NPRI’s most recent data are now available up to the year 2019! You can download the data from our Explore Data Page.
For technical support to access the data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thousands of facilities located across the country report to the NPRI each year. We make this data available to the public on this page.
The data can be used in different ways. For example:
- individuals can use it to track pollutants in their own neighbourhoods
- researchers can use it to monitor changes to air and water quality
- governments can use it to help set up environmental policies
We have packaged the data in different ways for different uses. You can search the entire database, download subsets of data, or view the data on maps.
Search NPRI data
Search our database for 1994 to 2017 pollutant releases in your area, as well as information about the facility(s).
These easy-to-use files let you dig deeper into the data in a variety of ways
- Single year tables
- annual tables of our most popular data fields. One table for each of the last 3 years
- Five year summaries
- summaries by air, water or land releases grouped by province, industry type or substance
- All years datasets
- annual data since 1994 on pollutant quantities, comments and geolocations
- Complete reported datasets
- comprehensive datasets going back to 1994
View NPRI maps
All maps are for the latest data available.
- facility locations
- main air pollutants
- other air pollutants
- water pollutants
- land pollutants
- disposals and transfers of pollutants
- virtual globe maps
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: