User’s guide for online federal identification registry for storage tank systems
Table of Contents
- 2. Getting Started
- 3. Administration (users with administrative permission)
- 4. Identification Management (all users - any level of permission)
- 5. New Identification (users with administrative or read-write permission)
- 6. Withdrawn from Service and/or Removed (users with administrative or read-write permission)
- 7. Contact Management (users with administrative or read-write permission)
- 8. Notifying Environment Canada of a Change to a Storage Tank System
- 9. Identification Form (hard copy)
- 10. For More Information
- Annex - Quick Tip to Add a New Storage Tank in FIRSTS
This document is not an official Environment Canada publication and does not replace the requirements of the Storage Tank Systems for Petroleum Products and Allied Petroleum Products Regulations. This document is designed to provide support and guidelines for using the Federal Identification Registry for Storage Tank Systems and is a supplemental tool to the online Registry.
In addition to technical requirements, the Storage Tank Systems for Petroleum Products and Allied Petroleum Products Regulations require that storage tank system owners identify their storage tank systems to Environment Canada by providing the information outlined in Schedule 2, as per section 28 of the Regulations. This can be accomplished using the Internet-based application, Federal Identification Registry for Storage Tank Systems (FIRSTS), or by mailing or faxing a completed identification form. The easiest and fastest way is online at our FIRSTS website. From the website, you can download and print the identification form (ID form) to use as a checklist when collecting information on your storage tank system. If you have all the required information, the process should take about half an hour per system. If you do not have Internet access, call us at 819-938-4523, and we will mail or fax you an ID form (see Identification Form (paper version), section 9 of this document).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: