Share your thoughts: Assessment of the status of the Monarch and two subspecies of the Western Bumble Bee (mckayi, occidentalis)
Current status: Open
Consultation starts on November 5, 2022, and ends on December 20, 2022.
Share your thoughts on the assessments completed by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC) on the status of the Monarch and two subspecies of the Western Bumble Bee (mckayi, occidentalis), and COSEWIC’s recommendations related to Schedule 1 (List of Wildlife Species at Risk) of the Species at Risk Act (SARA).
Join in: how to participate
Send us an email
Share your comments by emailing us at LEPreglementations-SARAregulations@ec.gc.ca.
Participate by mail
Send your comments to the address in the contact information below.
To learn how we will protect your privacy during this consultation, please carefully review our privacy statement.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in this consultation. More specifically, we would like to hear from:
- agriculture industry stakeholders and association members
- provincial, territorial and municipal governments
- Indigenous, First Nations, and Métis
- non-governmental organizations
For additional information on the species, please visit:
- Monarch (Danaus plexippus)
- Western Bumble Bee mckayi subspecies (Bombus occidentalis mckayi)
- Western Bumble Bee occidentalis subspecies (Bombus occidentalis occidentalis)
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Canadian Wildlife Service
Species at Risk Policy Division
351 boul. St-Joseph, 15th floor
- Date modified: