Species at Risk Act: public registry
120. The Minister must establish a public registry for the purpose of facilitating access to documents relating to matters under this Act.
121. The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister after consultation with the Minister of Canadian Heritage and the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, make regulations respecting the form of the public registry, the keeping of the public registry and access to it.
Protection from proceedings
122. Despite any other Act of Parliament, no civil or criminal proceedings may be brought against Her Majesty in right of Canada, the Minister, the Minister of Canadian Heritage, the Minister of Fisheries and Oceans or any person acting on behalf of or under the direction of any of them for the full or partial disclosure in good faith of any notice or other document through the public registry or any consequences of its disclosure.
123. The public registry shall contain every document required to be included in the public registry by this Act and the following documents, or a copy of the following documents:
- regulations and orders made under this Act;
- agreements entered into under section 10;
- COSEWIC's criteria for the classification of wildlife species;
- status reports on wildlife species that COSEWIC has had prepared or has received with an application;
- the List of Wildlife Species at Risk;
- codes of practice, national standards or guidelines established under this Act;
- agreements and reports filed under section 111 or subsection 113(2) or notices that those agreements or reports have been filed in court and are available to the public; and
- every report made under sections 126 and 128.
124. The Minister, on the advice of COSEWIC , may restrict the release of any information required to be included in the public registry if that information relates to the location of a wildlife species or its habitat and restricting its release would be in the best interests of the species.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: