Species at Risk Act: reports and review of Act
Reports and Review of Act
126. The Minister must annually prepare a report on the administration of this Act during the preceding calendar year and must have a copy of the report tabled in each House of Parliament within the first 15 days that it is sitting after the completion of the report. The report must include a summary addressing the following matters:
- COSEWIC's assessments and the Minister's response to each of them;
- the preparation and implementation of recovery strategies, action plans and management plans;
- all agreements made under sections 10 to 13;
- all agreements entered into and permits issued under section 73 and all agreements and permits amended under section 75 or exempted under section 76;
- enforcement and compliance actions taken, including the response to any requests for investigation;
- regulations and emergency orders made under this Act; and
- any other matters that the Minister considers relevant.
Convening round table
127. (1) The Minister must, at least once every two years, convene a round table of persons interested in matters respecting the protection of wildlife species at risk in Canada to advise the Minister on those matters.
be in public registry
be in public registry
(2) Any written recommendations from the round table must be included in the public registry.
Response of Minister
(3) The Minister must respond to any written recommendations from the round table within 180 days after receiving them and a copy of the Minister's response must be included in the public registry.
Reports on status of wildlife species
128. Five years after this section comes into force and at the end of each subsequent period of five years, the Minister must prepare a general report on the status of wildlife species. The Minister must have the report tabled in each House of Parliament within the first 15 days that it is sitting after the completion of the report.
129. Five years after this section comes into force, a committee of the House of Commons, of the Senate or of both Houses of Parliament is to be designated or established for the purpose of reviewing this Act.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: