FedNor is working with tourism sector to help them in recovery efforts
“Our tourism sector and the 1.8 million people it employs across Canada have been hit hard by COVID-19, and we’re here for them. With Tourism Week upon us, we’re focused on ensuring that businesses, organizations and local governments are ready to reopen the industry and help Canadian tourism come roaring back. Our message to the sector and those whose livelihoods depend on it is clear: we’re here for you now with immediate measures, we’ll be here for you as our economy reopens and we’ll get through this together, and come back stronger than before. We’re working with you.”
- The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for FedNor
“Communities, businesses and industries across Northern Ontario are preparing to come back in full force. I’m thrilled that FedNor will be playing an even bigger role in this recovery, expanding its important work at the local level. Today’s announcement will support 36 important projects that will create jobs and help businesses evolve, while ensuring our tourism industry is prepared to welcome people to our spectacular region as soon as possible.”
- Terry Sheehan, Member of Parliament for Sault Ste. Marie and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for FedNor
Tourism Week in Canada is May 24-31, 2020. It’s an annual celebration of Canadian tourism, its workers and the captivating attractions that welcome visitors from home and abroad. The Government of Canada, through FedNor, is intensifying its efforts to support the recovery and growth of this strategic sector of Northern Ontario’s economy.
The funding announced today is provided through FedNor’s programs, which support projects that promote sustainable community economic development, enhance business development and growth, and facilitate innovation.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces additional support for small businesses
- Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID 19
- Prime Minister announces more support for workers and businesses through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces health and social support for northern communities
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- To find out more about our programs and services, please visit: fednor.gc.ca.
- Follow us on Twitter @FedNor
- Follow Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada on Twitter: @ISED_CA
Office of the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: