4.6.14 Summary of key messages
- 4.6.1 How to manage your debt
- 4.6.2 Ways to avoid debt problems
- 4.6.3 Tips for managing debt
- 4.6.4 Video: Tips for managing debt
- 4.6.5 Serious debt problems
- 4.6.6 Credit counselling
- 4.6.7 Consolidation loan
- 4.6.8 Other approaches
- 4.6.9 Case study: Fixing debt problems
- 4.6.10 Credit balance insurance
- 4.6.11 Advance fee loans
- 4.6.12 Choosing to invest or pay debt
- 4.6.13 Borrowing to invest
- 4.6.14 Summary of key messages
- Be aware of the danger signals that indicate that you may be getting into trouble with debt.
- Pay off your highest interest rate loans first.
- There are many options for dealing with problem debt.
- As soon as you are aware of problems with debt, talk to a financial professional or seek help from a credit counsellor.
At the end of the module, you will find an Action plan. This is a tool that you can use to track your progress and take the next steps to manage credit successfully in the future. Use the action plan as a roadmap for financial action!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: