10.3.9 Summary of key messages
- 10.3.1 Income from savings
- 10.3.2 Video: How to save for retirement
- 10.3.3 Registered savings plans
- 10.3.4 Video: Saving with registered plans
- 10.3.5 Registered Retirement Income Fund
- 10.3.6 Unsheltered savings plans
- 10.3.7 Getting cash from your home
- 10.3.8 Life insurance as a retirement investment
- 10.3.9 Summary of key messages
- For most people, it is essential to have personal savings for retirement, in addition to expected income from pensions.
- There are many options for saving for retirement. Some provide shelter from tax, while others do not. Some provide guaranteed income, while others do not. Be aware of the costs, risks and returns of different savings vehicles.
- Diversify your investments to protect your retirement income.
- You may wish to seek professional advice on saving for your retirement.
At the end of the module, you will find an Action plan. This is a tool that you can use to track your progress and take the next steps to save for your retirement. Use the action plan as a roadmap for financial action!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: