Learning and training related to mental health in the workplace
Courses, workshops, armchair discussions, forums and events provide opportunities for dialogue on the current issues related to mental health.
If you are in distress, please contact your nearest distress centre. If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency department.
Power chats supporting mental health
Get an overview of the federal public service initiatives on mental health by attending one of the following learning events:
Latest power chats:
Learn more about past Power chats. You can obtain broadcast copies by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Power Chat on Diversity and Inclusion ()
- Power chat on Change Management ()
- Power Chat on Federalized Assembling the Pieces ()
- Power Chat on Occupational Health and Safety ()
- Power Chat on Disability Management () and summary of best practices
- Power Chat on Evaluation and Measurement ()
- Human Resource Council learning event on mental health (February 1, 2017)
- Power chat on how to develop authentic mental health leadership in the workplace ()
- Power chat designed for employees of the public service (in French ; in English )
Mental health and wellness learning day
Learn more about the event on Breaking the silence on mental health designed to equip participants with strategies for improving and maintaining their own mental health and for supporting their colleagues in doing the same.
Mental health in the workplace, joint learning program
Learn more about the workshop designed to encourage awareness of mental health issues affecting the workplace and offer strategies for building a psychological healthy environment.
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Promote understanding of mental health in the workplace by taking this series of e-courses.
Assembling the Pieces Toolkit
This toolkit is designed to support organizations working to implement the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
Mental Health Commission of Canada's Mental Health First Aid
The Mental Health First Aid training helps employees and managers increase their awareness of the signs and symptoms of the most common mental health problems, as well as their know-how so that they can help if a colleague begins to experience a mental problem or crisis.
Mental Health Commission of Canada's The Working Mind
The Working Mind training is designed for employees and managers, and aims to reduce stigma and promote mental wellness.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: