Support for federal regulators
The Centre for Regulatory Innovation works with a range of partners to support federal regulators that are interested in conducting regulatory experiments. The centre promotes a whole-of-government approach to regulatory experimentation to support innovation and competitiveness. It is committed to helping regulators and the regulatory system keep pace with technological advances.
The Centre for Regulatory Innovation works with central agencies, departments, and external organizations to:
- develop tools and guidance for conducting regulatory experiments in order to support innovation and competitiveness
- convene businesses and regulators that want to conduct experiments
- select the right type of experiment for an issue that the regulator is facing
- help design and implement regulatory experiments
- measure impacts and share lessons learned from regulatory experimentation
The centre also manages and administers the Regulatory Experimentation Expense Fund, which offsets expenses that departments and agencies incur when undertaking approved regulatory experiments.
If your department would like to contact the Centre for Regulatory Innovation for help with a particular issue, please fill out the form below.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: