Health Canada Sex and Gender Action Plan 2017-2020
Organization: Health Canada
Type: Overview of Action plan
Date published: January 2018
Goal: To establish Health Canada as an organization where sex and gender-considerations are systematically integrated in all our research, legislation, policies, regulations, programs and services.
- Build Department Capacity
- Strengthen Evidence Base and Expertise
- Increase Accountability
- Enhance guidelines, processes, tools and resources
- Increase SGBA promotion and provide targeted training for key priority areas
- Use priority initiatives to enhance SGBA capacity and improve sex- and gender-sensitive expertise and advice
- Partner with the Institute of Gender and Health (Canadian Institutes of Health Research) to embed cutting edge SGBA research expertise into priority initiatives
- Increase governance, accountability and transparency in the integration of SGBA in Health Canada decision-making
- Internal processes facilitate consideration of sex and gender in all research, policies, programs, regulations and services.
- Policies, programs and services are informed by evidence-based sex and gender research.
- Staff and stakeholders have an increased understanding of the differential impacts of initiatives on men, women, girls, boys and gender-diverse individuals.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: