Consultation on amendments to Schedules 2 to 4 of the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act
Current status: The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
You’re invited to give feedback on suggested changes to the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act.
To help us better protect the health and safety of the public against the risks that are posed by human pathogens and toxins, we are suggesting changes that:
- reflect the advice of the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Human Pathogens and Toxins
- include additions or deletions of several human pathogens from Schedules 2 to 4 to address misclassifications of certain human pathogens and inaccurate or outdated nomenclature and taxonomy
For this consultation, we are looking for comments from:
- health partners
- the Canadian public
- other regulatory bodies
- interested members of the human pathogens and toxins industry
- academia, research groups and laboratory administrators and employees
The purpose of this consultation is to ask for comments on:
- the proposed amendments to Schedules 2 to 4 of the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act
When and where
You have 30 days to send us your comments. The consultation period closes on August 28, 2017.
The feedback received will be taken into consideration in the development of the final amendment to be published in the Canada Gazette, Part II, in the Fall of 2017.
You can find the consultation document online at the Canada Gazette.
How to participate
You may submit your comments by:
- postal mail
- electronic mail
The amendment is accessible through the following URL:
Regulations Amending Schedules 2 to 4 to the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act
Centre for Biosecurity, Public Health Agency of Canada
100 Colonnade Road, AL: 6201A
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: