Consultation on the revision of Canada's Food Guide (Phase 2)
From Health Canada
Current status: The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
We are revising Canada’s 2007 Food Guide to strengthen our recommendations about healthy food choices and eating behaviours.
Canada's Food Guide provides practical healthy eating recommendations based on the best evidence to help you make informed food choices.
To help finalize the new healthy eating recommendations, we are consulting with:
- health stakeholders
- food and nutrition experts
In the fall 2016, we asked Canadians about their needs and expectations for a revised Canada’s Food Guide. The Revision to Canada’s Food Guide: What We Heard Report (Fall 2016) summarizes the almost 20,000 responses that we received.
We're seeking input from all interested Canadians, including:
- the general public
- health professionals
- all levels of government
- academia and researchers
- educators and communicators
- industry and trade associations
- health professional organizations
- non-government health organizations
- consumer non-government organizations
Your input will be used to help:
- finalize healthy eating recommendations and policies
- inform ways to effectively communicate nutrition information to Canadians
When and where
The consultation deadline has been extended and is now available online from June 10, 2017 to August 14, 2017.
How to participate
Complete the online questionnaire or contribute to the online discussion forum as a(n):
- health professional
- member of the general public
- representative of an organization
If you require a different format than the online questionnaire, contact us at:
Attention: Canada's Food Guide Consultation
Health Products and Food Branch
Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion
100 Eglantine Driveway, Address Locator: 0603C
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
About this site
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: