Consultation: Consumer Products Exclusion under the Hazardous Products Act
Current status: Open
Opened on February 9, 2021 and closes on March 23, 2021.
Join in: how to participate
Read Health Canada’s consultation document available on the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) website and submit your comments through the survey on the website or by email to email@example.com.
About the consultation
Why we are consulting
Health Canada is looking to engage stakeholders and partners, through a survey, to better understand the scope and scale of hazardous consumer product use in the workplace, their impact on workers’ health and safety, and to inform how best to protect workers who use, handle, and store hazardous consumer products in workplaces, and in particular:
- understand concerns, if any, the consumer product exclusion under the Hazardous Products Act may pose from a workers’ protection perspective;
- collect views on potential approaches to address consumer products; and,
- inform a thorough cost-benefit analysis on the potential impacts of any regulatory change.
Health Canada will engage with various stakeholders, including:
- Industry Stakeholders
- Federal, Provincial and Territorial Partners
- Labour organizations
Comments are also welcome from members of the general public.
Federal, provincial and territorial partners that are interested in participating should contact Health Canada by email for a copy of the survey intended for this stakeholder group.
- Hazardous Products Act
- Hazardous Products Regulations
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: